The mission of Westfield Technical Academy is to educate and prepare our students academically, technically, and professionally to meet the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century.
Westfield Technical Academy will be recognized as a student-centered learning community focused on integrating academic and technical achievement with career and college readiness.
Westfield Technical Academy provides students with unique academic and technical experiences based on the philosophy and goals of the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks, and Massachusetts Career Vocational Technical Education Frameworks.
We are committed to providing a supportive and safe environment in order to meet the intellectual and social needs of our diverse student body. This philosophy is implemented by adhering to our core values:
Westfield Technical Academy actively strengthens community and business partnerships with career and employment opportunities, parent organizations, mentoring programs, advisory boards, grant partnerships, field placements and volunteerism. Comprehensive counseling and special service programs complement the academic and career technical programs.
Adopted by faculty: May 2013
Approved by the Westfield School Committee: August 2013
- To use demographic, educational, and performance data to increase student achievement.
- To provide integrated academic and vocational programs which optimize the potential of each student.
- To maintain a current and demanding curriculum that is aligned to the academic and vocational Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and standards.
- To align technical programs to national standards and accreditation requirements, allowing students to obtain relevant licensure/certifications.
- To teach and model the importance of respect for everyone regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,or home status.
- To improve student achievement through relevant staff development.
- To enhance parent and school communication.
- To strengthen involvement and participation with Chapter 74 program advisory boards.
- To increase public awareness of Westfield Vocational Technical High School through expanded recruiting strategies and communication of student successes.
- To increase our graduation rate through a variety of intervention programs.