It is the mission of the Grade 9 academies to assist the incoming freshman with making a smooth transition into high school and meet the rigorous standards at Westfield Vocational Technical High School.
To provide programs and supports addressing the unique needs of entering freshman resulting in increased achievement.
Benefits to Students include:
- increased academic achievement
- reduced discrepancies in the achievement gap that plague various subgroups
- increased student attendance
- improved attitudes and behavior
- increased number of students matriculating to 10th grade
- lower student dropout rate
- increased extracurricular participation rate
- stronger student-teacher relationships
- integration of academic and technical skills
WVTHS has three freshmen teams, the Gold Team, the Purple Team, and the White Team. Please click on the links to the left to learn more about our teams.